Alan Baxter and Hoare Lea
GVA Second London Wall
Built in 1905 and located on a highly sensitive site adjacent to St. James’s Palace, this Grade II listed building was returned to its original grandeur through a complete rebuild and refurbishment scheme. The new building houses eight luxury apartments which sympathetically respect the surviving historic fabric.
The project included the creation of additional floor areas by extending the basement to cover the whole site footprint and inserting a new lightweight steel structure within the central lightwell. The building provides state-of-the-art audio visual, IT and entertainment systems; catering and dining; luxury fitness and spa facilities; and a fully-automated parking system.